maanantai 29. joulukuuta 2008

I'm running behind

I know it's been a long time.. Yes I know I've become lazy. Last time I went to the hair dresser was during the summer. It must be 6 months ago or something.

The girl at the hair dresser looked at me and asked:
"Do you want to keep the surfer style?"

I smiled since I had no idea I had become part of hairstyle movement called 'the surfers'.

I replied with a lack of confidence:
"Sure, why not."

I'm going to Mexico in one month so the surfer style sounded just fine.

The whole experience was really fun. The girl had just come from the dentist and her mouth was still numb from the local anesthesia. I could see some drool on her lip. We were both laughing about it.

What finally proved that I'm running behind trends was the moment she asked if I wanted some sticky stuff put on my hair. It was fine for me so she started this 4 stage process.
1. Some strange dry powder that mostly resembled Anthrax from my Al Qaida training days. Apparently the powder makes the hair more fluffy. The stuff is especially useful if you like wearing a hat.
2-3. Two different waxes mixed together to create some special effect. I don't know if it was the local anesthesia or the fact that she was from Venus but I didn't understand this part of the process.
4. Finally some hairspray to make the creation stand the test of time and the wind outside.

Reality check to life every 6 months is not a bad idea. I scheduled the next one for June 2009. Then I might even change my style.

Ei kommentteja: