keskiviikko 15. lokakuuta 2008

Life after surgery. Past and future goals.

I was in a shoulder surgery 1,5 weeks ago. All went well and now I'm healing my shoulder at home for the next month. It should be healed perfectly in 6 months. I REALLY I hope I wont fuck up the healing process since today I bought one way ticket to Mexico. At the end of January I should be there for the beginning of the semester. The fear factor is that if I hurt my shoulder before it's completely healed it's back to operating table again.

I've dislocated my shoulder many times but exactly year ago I was training for kickboxing match. After almost two months of intense training and no alcohol, few weeks before the match I hurt my shoulder for the last time and decided to put down my boxing cloves.

After that I've been drinking quite a lot. I'd say about once a week + 4 skiing trips that were quite "wet" to say the least. I don't feel like I drink too much. Then again all my friends drink quite a lot as well so I don't actually know if I drink too much or not. (What ever that 'too much' is.)

A year has past from my previous alcohol-free diet. Then my goal was to go inside the loneliest place on an earth, the (kick)boxing ring (at least that is what they say. I wouldn't know). Now my goal is to go to Mexico. It's not the loneliest place on earth but I'm going there alone.

It's funny how easy it's actually to stop drinking when you have a clear goal your aiming for. I think the same aplies to everything in life. Decisions Decisions Decisions.

It's funny how often I feel that everything that happens, happens for a reason.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

Ei kommentteja: