sunnuntai 4. marraskuuta 2007

Movie tip of the week

good movie. Match Point, written and directed by Woody Allen.
For some reason I didn't like Woody Allen. But Now I changed my mind. I guess I didn't like him as an actor but as an director and writer I really do respect him because of this movie.

Don't read from the Internet what this movie is about. Just see it. I really hate when I read something about some movie beforehand. It makes me expect something of the film and that's not the right way to see a movie. If you read a review it's stuck in your head. I don't like the fact that someone tells me what to think of a movie before I've even seen it.

From now on I don't want to know anything about the movies I'm going to watch. Not even the genre. All information makes you prejudice. You have to see and feel it yourself. Then you can agree or disagree with others.

3 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

** SPOILERS **

Reminds me of a time when a man I had a big crush on turned out to be a cheater: I was in the throes of this breakdown, traveling by plane, and the airline played Match Point as inflight entertainment, then Rumor Has It, and as we know (?!), both movies are about exactly that, cheating.

I started crying, I was that upset. Nobody else saw me with tears in my eyes except our flight attendant. She pulled me aside, asked me what was wrong, called the guy a jerk, and said the same thing happened to her and then (da-dum) she met her husband. "Something good must be in store for you."

That was funny. That's my story about Match Point.

Perro kirjoitti...

A friend of mine told me last weekend that his goal in life is to earn 5000e per month. Then he will be happy. I laughed and then told him to watch this movie.

To me this movie was about greed and being unable to make (right) decisions. :) But I guess what you see always depends of the person and timing.

That's my funny story relating to this movie.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Of course it was about plenty more than just cheating, but you know... when you're going to Ireland, EVERYBODY's talking about Ireland - right? :)