tiistai 2. syyskuuta 2008

My new Image v.0.2

Busy day. I came up with my personal image, went to MRI and attended a fancy marketing event.

As I was sitting and listening three panelist talking about the digital world and how the business has developed during the last 10 years I started thinking. That happens quite often these days. I was surrounded by people with nice suites and skirts and haircuts...

My appearance? I came there straight from MRI. My hair was greasy and I wasn't at my freshest since I had been lying in a really claustrophobic tube for 30 minutes without moving a muscle. It's not like laying in sofa and enjoying a little time of from the rest of the world, trust me!

First they injected my shoulder full of some radiation stuff and they told me to lay down and not move at all during the magnetic photo session. They asked if I wanted to listen to some music inside the tube but I declined since I really didn't want to associate my favorite music with an experience that could be quite awful. Well actually I didn't want music because wanted this experience to be “pure” without any distractions.

It was an interesting experience. They gave me these headphones to protect my ears because of the noise. And indeed I needed them because the noise was really something straight from Star Trek. Huge pounding noise. Big bangs: BANG BANG BANG and then some noise that sounded like rifle bullets hitting the machine with a really rapid pace. At some point I realized that every muscle in my body was really tense. When I realized this I couldn't really relax anymore because that would have resulted into moving my body and moving was not allowed.

So after 30 minutes of tensing my muscles I was sweating a bit. The lady said that the photos were very good. I think she referred to the quality of the photos not to the quality of my shoulder that isn't working properly.

So I went straight to this fancy happening feeling not so fresh, "not properly" dressed with a greasy hair. You know what? It didn't bother me a bit. It was fun to see everyone wearing black as I had my orange North Face GoreTex jacket and my woolen winter gap on. When the panel ended me and my work mates started talking about facebook and came up with a concept of Cockbook and laughed our asses of.

When we were leaving I found a lollipop from my pocket. I opened it and stuck it in my mouth. At that point a friend of mine mentioned that it might not be good for my image. I told her I really don't care about my image because I don't want one.

That was the moment when I realized that I guess everyone has to have an image. If it's so then my image will be this:

I don't care what you think of me. I don't care what you think of my clothes, I don't care if you laugh at my hair and I really don't care if some finds it ridiculous that I'm wearing a winter hat and I'm eating a lollipop inside a fancy bar full of cool advertisement and marketing folks. I actually enjoy if they feel uncomfortable around me and they think I should be thrown out.

This doesn't mean that I'll tell everyone to F** off if they don't like me. On the contrary I'm trying to keep my own identity intact because I've already seen what the desire for money and power does to people in business world. It's a whole other topic and I don't want to go to it just yet.

I think I have issues with authorities and that is a problem in Finland. People here look up to authorities such as bosses, police and politicians. I look up to people that are smarter than me. I don't respect anyone because of some hierarchy system that is thought to us. I respect people not titles. Sorry boss, police officers and Presidents.

My new image isn't bullet proof. Nothing is. I did think about few lines I wrote on this post and I EVEN re-wrote few lines and added this sentence at the end.

So please don't judge me because of this post. Words are just letters and in my next post I'll rearrange them. If you do judge me, well...

I wonder what brand describes the best my “I don't care” attitude and image? FCUK, Quicksilver, Burton, North Face??

You know what! I really don't care!

Ei kommentteja: