torstai 6. joulukuuta 2007

A Break For My Complaining Neigbor

Today I started cleaning my flat and after a while decided to take my carpet outside and beat the life out of it. Then I remembered my complaining neighbor and the fact that it's independence day. I decided to give the old woman a break and decided to continue my cleaning task tomorrow.

I saw the woman few days ago while hanging my laundry in the drying room. She was there at the same time and babbling about some unimportant stuff.

She asked me:
"Isn't it prohibited to cover the drying machine with clothes?"

Me:
"I don't know and I don't think it's that big of a deal if a piece of sweater touches the machine."

She replied:
"Well it would be a big deal to my husband. He was very precise with everything!"

At that point I realized that this woman hasn't been like this all her life. Her dead husband was strict and then she became like that too. Or maybe she become bittered after his death and now is living the strict life like her husband used to live.

Anyway the point is she was influenced by someone and then became something else. Everything influences everything so shouldn't we act accordingly. You can't expect people to act politely or any other way if you don't act like that yourself.

I'm trying to stop criticizing people but today I was watching the presidents party from tv with 4 girls and criticizing all the guests and their appearances. I think I took few steps backwards on that bath.. (But it was funny as hell!)

Ei kommentteja: