sunnuntai 9. syyskuuta 2007

hurry hurry!!

and hurry some more. Train must be one of the best places to get your pulse going for now particular reason.
*PLING*
"Next stop Kuopio" says the woman voice from the speakers.

People start running for the door and putting their stuff together like they have 2 minutes to get out of the train or they'll die.

The funniest incidents happen when the door doesn't open. First they try to open the door calmly, then by shaking it back and forth, then by kicking it and finally almost crying.. And it's not just the old folks. Those reactions are universal. Once it happened and the door really didn't open so when I was the last person of the queue I turned around and started slowly walking towards the next exit. People started panicking behind me and I was enjoying every single second.

In general first it's the elderly folks that want to get out. They are behind the exit door even before the announcement comes from the speakers. They worry the most. I wonder how much their blood pressure rises just from the thought that they might miss the stop (I bet they think of it every single time!)? After the old folks it's all random, women, children, men, couples... then it's me.

I'd say I'm pretty "cool" when it comes to leaving trains. I've never missed my stop because I was too slow to walk out. STILL I get this funny feeling in my stomach if something in my 'leaving the train' routines doesn't go right, like my shoe laces are open and I have to spend 20 seconds to tie them. My pulse rises and I get worried for a short period of time. I want to get rid of that feeling because it happens in other situations as well. Spanish people don't have that feeling, but then again maybe that is the reason why they are always late...

Still people panicking in trains never ceases to amuse me.

Ei kommentteja: