keskiviikko 12. maaliskuuta 2008

Best job interview ever


There were 8 of us and 'Speed interview' was the theme of the night. 9 bosses, 5 minutes each. Everyone asked a bit different things. It's been a long day and I missed my train back to East because of the job interview but it was totally worth it. I'm saying that before I even know if I got the job... That should tell something.

The job is something that really interests me. I know I'd be good for the job but let's see what they think. One thing is for sure... It beats my last job interview 100-to-1 (cheers PHS for showing what a crap interview is all about). This time I actually got to talk with every owner. That tells a lot about the company. It shows they care who they hire.

And hey! It's not everyday you get to drink beer and drinks with the owners after the interview. It's a strange world we're living in and every once in a while I love it.


EDIT: It was also the longest interview I've been to. At 4 p.m I entered the bar and after 10 p.m I left the place behind me to dive into the dark night of Helsinki. (Well ok, the interview lasted only an hour and after that it wasn't that formal anymore.)

Oh, I also made a funny joke to few girl about one of the co-founders of the company and he was standing right next to me. I mean that's something that isn't going to happen in the near future I'm sure of that! I don't know if I stepped over some line with the joke but I just had to say it. The owner didn't really know how to react to what I said. If you are reading this post: I'm sorry. Maybe a bit too much too soon. I'm an observer and react to things when they happen and then think. That's what humor is all about.

I often have this problem that I'm too friendly too soon. Finns don't always like it. I just have to hope they liked it because... well that's just me.

Ei kommentteja: